In October 2017, CLA submitted an application to the UK Government for an authorisation to operate an Extended Collective Licensing (ECL) scheme. ECL enables licensing bodies that represent a significant number of rights holders in a class to extend their licences to cover unrepresented rights holders in the same class. The Government have now published a notice setting out details of the application and must consider any comments provided in response to that notice. An 8-week consultation process has now begun and is available online: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/application-to-operate-an-ecl-scheme
- The Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) has decided, in consultation with the Intellectual Property Office (IPO), to withdraw its application to operate an extended collective licensing scheme.
- CLA apply to operate an ECL scheme
- PICSEL’s first 2016 claims process underway
- Reminder: 2016 Claims Window Closes on 17th February 2017
- PICSEL launches it’s first claims window for mandated rights holders