In October 2015, BAPLA members voted unanimously to set up a new collecting society, to offer a choice for the first time. Since that time, a number of BAPLA volunteers have been working tirelessly to bring about a new and effective collecting society focusing on an efficient distribution policy as the key element. On 2nd December 2015, PICSEL Ltd was registered with Companies House as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. Over the next few months PICSEL volunteers will be working on providing the required documentation to ensure its compliance with new regulations, which take effect on 10th April 2016 (Documents include: articles of association, mandate form, membership form, distribution policy, and code of conduct). It is then expected to provide a competitive platform grounded on transparent principles.
- The Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) has decided, in consultation with the Intellectual Property Office (IPO), to withdraw its application to operate an extended collective licensing scheme.
- CLA apply to operate an ECL scheme
- PICSEL’s first 2016 claims process underway
- Reminder: 2016 Claims Window Closes on 17th February 2017
- PICSEL launches it’s first claims window for mandated rights holders